(Redirected from Main Page
The following are the goals of the SSE Physics Lab:
1. Preparing an institutional and national platform for student-driven experimental research in physics.
2. Indigenous development of experiments for the laboratory and demonstrations for the classroom environment.
3. Training SSE students in world class experimental physics through required and optional lab courses.
4. Sharing expertise, resources and training in physics education with sister institutions and organizations in the country and the region.
Here is a review of the activities and achievements of the Physlab in March 2012, four years after its establishment.
Important Physlab news
- Dr. Sabieh Anwar's course on Modern Physics concludes. The course is now being replicated at the DHA Suffa University.
- Physics Department collaborates with Centre for Advanced Studies in Mathematics (CASM) to organize a National Workshop on Mathematical Aspects of Quantum Information Science.
- Hafiz Rizwan receives training in vacuum science and technology at the NINVAST (National Institute of Vacuum Science and Technology), National Centre for Physics (25 to 29 March 2013).
- The Second National Lab Immersion Program 2013 was organized at the IBA, Sukkur between 12 and 13 January 2013. Ali hasan, Junaid Alam and Dr. Muhammad Sabieh Anwar traveled to Sukkur for this purpose. The target of this particular workshop, which is promised to take place twice a year in different locations in Pakistan, are Universities and community colleges in the Sindh province. The objective is to introduce participants to low-cost and modern experimental and teaching practices in the physics laboratory, especially at the higher secondary and degree levels.